Our Investment in Emergency Medicine
GV Health’s ED service is growing and we are investing in Emergency Medicine with a view to deliver the best emergency care possible, with a cohesive and productive team. GV Health is committed to move forward and to continuously improve – for its patients, its staff and its community.
- In 2019-20 there were 43,574 ED presentations relative to 36,282 in 2018-19 and 33,833 presentations in 2014-15.
- Recent data analysis also indicates the acuity profile of presentations to the GV Health ED is higher than for many other regional hospitals.
The department is being actively positioned to assume a more effective role in emergency care in central Victoria and as the frontline department in our organisation.
We need a team of Emergency Specialists
We are currently seeking to increase the FACEM team to full-time Director plus 9 FTE to achieve day, bridge and evening FACEM shifts by second quarter 2021. Coverage is expected to extend to 4 shifts per day by 2022-3.
FACEMs at GV Health are expected to provide a high-quality service, both in terms of individual performance, as well as provide clinical leadership and contribute to a multidisciplinary, collaborative approach to patient care.
We are recruiting an Associate Director to actively share management responsibilities with our Director and to have a strong focus on clinical care, clinical staff performance & development, clinical decision- making, patient flow and interdepartmental development.
In addition we are recruiting Staff Specialist FACEM's or Senior Registrar to complete our team of talented ED clinicians.
We’ve created the building – You create the future
- Emergency Department Redevelopment – nearing completion in 2021
- 36 bed ED – increasing from 18
- Three state-of-the-art resuscitation bays
- A Behavioural Assessment room, mental health consult spaces, forensic room
- Two negative pressure isolation cubicles
- Nine additional acute care cubicles
- A dedicated Fast Track area with seven cubicles and a consultation room
- A dedicated paediatric area with three cubicles and a consultation room
- A nine bed Short Stay Unit, including one isolation room
- A CT scan room, ultrasound room and two new X-Ray rooms
- New 10 bed Critical Care Unit
- New general ward block
We are currently looking for the following people:
- Associate Director Emergency Medicine (0.75-1.0 EFT)
Download Position Description
- Staff Specialists (FACEM) Or Senior Registrar
Download Position Description
Recruitment Information Pack
For a comprehensive coverage of these positions, GVH, the GVH emergency service, application processes, conditions and benefits click here
The closing date for applications is 12/5/2021. Commencement date is flexible
For further information please contact our FACEM recruitment consultant:
Dr Marcus Kennedy
Principal, Kennedy Consulting & AREX Press Health Documents
Read the latest news on GV Health's new emergency department